I had a nice welcome reception from my new house. Unexpectedly, they were muslim indians, exactly the opposite of the south african stereotype I was waiting to meet. I felt so exotic between them! Gradually, the understanding, and comprehension started to clean my mind and rip out the prejudices and unconfidence.
I was anxious to meet my well-spoken room mate, who was from Switzerland. How would he be? A totally different experience that I was eager to get immersed in. As you can expect, I was very tired from the flight, which took me 10 hours of nervousness and 15 minutes of sleeping only ( if there's one thing I can't stand is to sleep in a chair, dude).
Due to this lack of rest, I lay on the bed, taking a strong powernap to recover my energy.
I suddenly woke up after hearing slightly soft footsteps of somebody rambling inside the room. I opened my eyes and spotted the face of another lost student far away from home. Still yawning, I mumbled the basic greetings to him, and tried to figure out more about him. When I saw his head shaking from left to right and a face of incomprehension, I realized that his English wasn't one of the best I had seen through my student life. Would he become a good pal for me? I didn't know exactly, but I would find out over my stay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
please continue with your blog rafa. hope you're well back in brazil
ReplyDelete